|500 ml Bottle
|1 litre Bottle
|25 kg Drum
|50 kg Drum
|180 kg Drum
Production of Cyclohexanone
Cyclohexanone is produced by the oxidation of cyclohexane in air, typically using cobalt catalysts. The oxidation involves radicals and the intermediacy of the hydroperoxide C6H11O2H. In some cases, purified cyclohexanol, obtained by hydration of cyclohexene, is the precursor. Alternatively, cyclohexanone can be produced by the partial hydrogenation of phenol.
Storage and Handling
• Storage Keep containers tightly closed in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place. Keep away from heat and sources of ignition. Flammables area.
Strong oxidizing agents, Strong acids
• Suitable Extinguishing Media - Use water spray, alcohol-resistant foam, dry chemical or carbon dioxide. Cool closed containers exposed to fire with water spray.
• Unsuitable Extinguishing Media - Water may be ineffective
• Specific Hazards Arising from the Chemical - Flammable. Containers may explode when heated. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back.
• Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters - As in any fire, wear self-contained breathing apparatus pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent) and full protective gear
• Eye Contact - Rinse immediately with plenty of water, also under the eyelids, for at least 15 minutes. Immediate medical attention is required.
• Skin Contact - Wash off immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Obtain medical attention.
• Inhalation - Move to fresh air. Obtain medical attention. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
• Ingestion - Clean mouth with water and drink afterwards plenty of water.
• Most important symptoms and effects - Breathing difficulties. Causes eye burns.
• Flammable liquid and vapor
• Harmful if swallowed
• Harmful in contact with skin
• Causes skin irritation
• Causes serious eye damage
• Harmful if inhaled
• May cause respiratory irritation
• May cause drowsiness or dizziness
• Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling
• Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product
• Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
• Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area
• Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray
• Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking
• Keep container tightly closed
• Ground/bond container and receiving equipment
• Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/equipment
• Use only non-sparking tools
• Take precautionary measures against static discharge
Cyclohexanone is an important chemical raw material and is the main intermediate for the manufacture of nylon, caprolactam and adipic acid. It is also an important industrial solvent, for example for paints, especially those containing nitrocellulose, vinyl chloride polymers and their copolymers or methacrylate polymer paints. Excellent solvent for pesticides such as organophosphorus pesticides and many analogues, used as a solvent for dyes, as a viscous solvent for piston-type aviation lubricating oils, as a solvent for greases, waxes, and rubbers.