It is used to,treat adults with non-small cell
1 bottle in box
Q.What is Geftinat 250mg?
Geftinat 250mg is an anti-cancer medication containing Gefitinib which works by inhibiting the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. Gefitinib blocks a protein called Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) in the body.
Q. What is Geftinat 250mg used for?
Geftinat 250mg is used for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
Q. Which drugs does Geftinat interact with?
• Phenytoin or carbamazepine (for epilepsy)
• Rifampicin (for tuberculosis)
• Itraconazole (for fungal infections)
• Barbiturates (a medicine used for sleeping problems)
• Proton-pump inhibitors, H2-antagonists and antacids (for ulcers, indigestion, heartburn and to reduce acids in the stomach)
• Warfarin (oral anticoagulant, to prevent blood clots)
Q. What are its side effects
• Nausea and vomiting
• Dry skin
• Weight loss
• Eye irritation
• Abdominal pain
• Severe breathlessness, or sudden worsening breathlessness, possibly with a cough or fever. This could mean that you have an inflammation of lungs called ‘Interstitial Lung Disease’
• Inflammation of the blood vessels
• Hemorrhagic cystitis
Q. What is its dosage?
This medication should be consumed as directed by the physician. No dose should be missed
Q. What general precautions are to be taken?
Inform the doctor if you suffer from the following conditions:-
Any allergic reaction with Gefitinib or any other ingredient present in the formulation
Q. What precautions are to be taken by pregnant & lactating women?
This medication is not recommended for use in pregnant women. It should be used with caution in breastfeeding women.
Q. What precautions are to be taken for children?
The safety and effectiveness of this medication have not been established in children and adolescents.
Q. Is any other precaution to be taken?
This medication is not recommended for use in patients also suffering from liver and lung diseases.