|25 kg Drum
|50 kg Drum
|180 kg Drum
Production of Tert-Butylhydroquinone
The preparation process comprises the following steps of:
Simultaneously adding excessive dilute sulphuric acid, equimolar hydroquinone and tertiary butyl acetate to a reaction still, wherein the weight ratio of the dilute sulphuric acid to the tertiary butyl acetate is 1:(3 to 6)
Stirring and heating to 85 to 95 DEG C, and reacting for 1 to 8 hours
Stopping stirring, cooling to 65 to 75 DEG C, and then performing centrifugal filtration, wherein filtrate of sulphuric acid is recycled, and obtained filter residues are washed with 1 to 3 times warm water, so as to obtain a crude product of the TBHQ
ASTM Testing Standard
• D4625, Standard Test Method for Middle Distillate Fuel Storage Stability at 43°C
• D6468, Standard Test Method for High Temperature Stability of Distillate Fuels.
• D2274, Standard Test Method for Oxidation Stability of Distillate Fuel Oil.
• D3241, Standard Test Method for Thermal Oxidation Stability of Aviation Turbine Fuels
• EN 14112, the Rancimat Test, Fat and oil derivatives. Fatty Acid Methyl Ester (FAME). Determination Of Oxidation Stability
• D5483, Standard Test Method for Oxidation Induction Time of Lubricating Greases by Pressure Differential Scanning Calorimetry.
Storage and Handling
• Advice on safe handling : Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing.
Do not taste or swallow. Wash thoroughly after handling.
Use only with adequate ventilation.
• Conditions for safe storage : Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
• Suitable extinguishing media : Water spray, Carbon dioxide, Dry chemical, Foam
• Specific extinguishing methods : Use water spray to cool unopened containers
• Special protective equipment for fire-fighters : Wear an approved positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus in addition to standard fire fighting gear
• If inhaled : Move to fresh air.
• Treat symptomatically. Get medical attention if symptoms occur
• If swallowed : Seek medical advice. Do not induce vomiting without medical advice
• Harmful if swallowed or in contact with skin.
• Causes skin irritation
• Avoid breathing dust/ fume/ gas/ mist/ vapors/ spray.
• Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
• Contaminated work clothing must not be allowed out of the workplace.
• Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/face protection
TBHQ, like many food additives, is used to extend shelf life and prevent rancidity. It's a light-colored crystalline product with a slight odor. Because it's an antioxidant, TBHQ protects foods with iron from discoloration, which food manufacturers find beneficial. It is used industrially as a stabilizer to inhibit autopolymerization of organic peroxides.